The United Kingdom is one of the leading destinations for tourists all over the globe. From its rich cultural history, to its spellbinding scenery, to its proud diversity, the United Kingdom has it all. It also boasts some of the world’s oldest and finest castles and palaces. In a nutshell, it is one destination on every traveller’s wander-list. In order to be able to visit the United Kingdom though, you will need to secure a visitors visa.
Read on to find out more about how you can apply for the United Kingdom Standard Visitor Visa. Please note that there nationals from specific countries are exempt from acquiring a visa, therefore, make sure you visit the official United Kingdom visa processing website to check if your nationality is on that list or not.
Step by Step Process:
Follow this step by step process to apply for your Standard United Kingdom Visitor’s Visa:
- Go to the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration website;
- Select your preferred language, type of visa, your country, nearest visa application centre;
- Create a login using email and password;
- Complete in the application form;
- Sign the declaration;
- Pay visa fee, which is usually around 89 GBP;
- Submit the application;
- Download and print the submitted visa application form;
- Make an appointment at your nearest United Kingdom visa application centre;
- Attend the appointment at your nearest United Kingdom visa application centre;
- Submit your passport, visa application and supporting documents at the visa application centre;
- Pickup/receive the passport with visa.
When you fill your online application for the United Kingdom’s Standard Visitor Visa, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your travel dates to the United Kingdom;
- Your hotel address and telephone number in the United Kingdom;
- Your total estimated cost for the trip;
- Your present home address and how many years you’ve lived there;
- Your parents’ names and their dates of birth;
- Your annual income;
- Your travel history for the past 10 years;
- Your employer details including the address and telephone number
Please make sure that you have the following documents on hand before applying for the United Kingdom’s Standard Visitor Visa:
- Completed online visa application form with GWF number;
- A passport size photo;
- Proof of earnings:
- If employed – an employment letter on company letterhead detailing length of employment, salary, role;
- If self-employed – a business registration document detailing owner’s name, date of business;
- If student – a letter from the school/university on the letterhead detailing your enrolment, leave of absence, etc);
- Proof of funds (bank statement or pay slips for the last 6 months);
- Flight itinerary (see my article on how to get a flight itinerary for visa application);
- Hotel booking (see my article on how to get a hotel booking for visa application);
- Proof of legal residence (for those applying in a 3rd country. They must show a visa or residence permit of that country).
As part of the online application process, you will be prompted to make a visa appointment at your nearest United Kingdom Visa Application Centre. Visa Application Centres are run by either VFSGlobal or other entities in conjunction with United Kingdom Visas and Immigration.
On the day of the appointment, you will give your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) and submit your original documents. You must bring all your original documents along with one photocopy of each including your passport.
Please note that it may take up to two weeks before you receive the decision on your Visa application. Also you will need to submit your documents in person, as well as collect them yourself at the nearest concerned outlet.
Book your consultation with us today and let our team of dedicated consultants guide you through each step of the process to secure your Standard Visitor Visa for the United Kingdom.