Quebec is the largest of Canada’s 10 provinces in area and is second only to Ontario in population. Its capital, Quebec city, is the oldest city in Canada. The name Quebec, first bestowed on the city in 1608 and derived from an Algonquian word meaning “where the river narrows,” beckons visitors to the city’s splendid view of the majestic St. Lawrence River and the pastoral Orleans Island. French is the sole official language of the Quebec province.
Regular Skilled Worker Program:
First things first, you don’t need to have an Express Entry profile to immigrate to Quebec. Quebec has its own portal called ‘Arrima’. Selection for potential immigrants is made on the basis of a selection grid, with points awarded on the basis of various selection factors and criteria, these include:
- Training (Education + Area of Training)
- Work Experience
- French and English proficiency
- Characteristics of accompanying spouse(if any)
- Financial Stability
- Previous stays in Quebec(if any)
- Relatives in Quebec (if any)
Step by Step Process:
1) Get language proficiency score: English or French
2) Create an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile in Arrima portal to enter the pool.
3) Based on your score and labour market needs, Candidates drawn from the Quebec expression of interest pool will be invited to apply for Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) and would have up to 90 days to submit their complete application.
4) Documents need to be submitted and processing times may take up to a year.
5)Candidates who obtain their CSQ can then apply to the Federal Government for Canadian permanent residence.
It is the portal dedicated to the Expression of Interest System(EIS) of Quebec. Anyone above the age of 18 who is interested in the Quebec under Regular Skilled Worker program can create a profile, free of cost. Users enter a virtual waiting room, where they wait until access is granted to the portal. This waiting period is usually less than 5 minutes. Once the access is granted, users will have 90 minutes in the portal before the session expires. Starting from the date the EOI was created, you will have 90 days to complete and file it. Once your EOI is filed, it will be valid for one year. You can update your EOI profile anytime during this period, but you cannot create another profile. Also please note that documents are not required to be submitted at the time fo submitting an EOI.
Other reasons that make Quebec an attractive destination for aspiring immigrants are that in the year 2019 a total of 24,800 CSQs are to be issued for various streams. Also you don’t need to get your education degrees verified through WES or any other institute, Quebec will do it itself. The proof of funds required is also significantly lesser than what is required in the Express Entry pool.
If you’re looking to immigrate to Quebec and don’t know where to start, book your consultation with us today to find out which pathway and relevant sub-stream is perfect for your application to the Quebec Provincial Nomination Program.