Alberta is the westernmost of Canada’s three Prairie provinces. Often known as Canada’s “energy province,” Alberta is home to over 4 million people, and growing quickly. The bulk of this population resides in Alberta’s two largest cities: Edmonton, which serves as the provincial capital, and Calgary. Each have a population of over one million residents.
Alberta is a world leader in the oil and gas industry, but is also home to a vibrant and fast-growing industrial and service economy. Thanks to the opportunities provided by this economic growth, Alberta has now become one of the top destinations for immigration to Canada. Alberta is arguably Canada’s most prosperous province today. It is also recognized world-wide for its high standard of living.
If you want to immigrate to Canada through Alberta’s provincial nominee program then there are three streams that you can follow and these are:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
In this piece, we’ll be discussing the Alberta Express Entry Stream since most applicants are interested in to pursue this route. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)’s Express Entry Stream allows the province of Alberta to nominate a limited number of eligible candidates from the Government of Canada’s Express Entry Pool.
The AINP will select candidates based on the self-declared information in their Express Entry profile.
- You must have an active Express Entry profile in the Federal Express Entry pool.
- You have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- You are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- You should have a minimum CRS score of 300.
The table below indicates the preference for Alberta’s invitation to prospective immigrants.
|Have a valid Alberta Job Offer/Work Experience.|
|Be a graduate of an Alberta Post-secondary institution with a valid Alberta Job Offer.|
|Have a parent, brother/sister, or child who is a permanent resident of Alberta.|
Please note that if your Express Entry Profile expires within 3 months, you will be deemed a low-preference candidate.
Step by Step Process:
- Alberta picks the profiles from Express Entry pool and gives priorities to individuals with credentials mentioned above in the table.
- Foreign Nationals can only apply to the Alberta Express Entry Stream after receiving a Notification of Interest letter from the province. Eligible Candidates will be contacted directly by the AINP through Express Entry Profile.
- After receiving your Notification of Interest letter from Alberta, you must email a copy of the letter to the AINP at email@example.com within two weeks of receiving it in your federal Express Entry profile. You must also provide your Express Entry profile number and status information about current and past AINP applications/nominations.
- The AINP will then confirm your information and send you an email requesting you to submit an application, including a form to fill out and a document checklist for all required documents. Please note that there is no fee to submit an application for the AINP program.
If you have any queries regarding the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, please do not hesitate to book your consultation with us today to find out which pathway and relevant sub-stream is perfect for your application to this Program.